Bank Security Topics & Information
Equifax Breach Details:
- Equifax was breached between May and July of 2017
- The breach affected and estimated 143 million Americans.
- Information that was potentially stolen can include the following: Social Security Numbers, Dates of Birth, Addresses, and Driver's License Numbers
Things You Can Do:
- See if your information has been compromised by visiting the following website: Equifax Security 2017
- If you want to think about putting an initial fraud alert on your credit report please take a look at this website: FTC Consumer Fraud Alert
- If you are thinking about putting a freeze on your credit file you may want to take a look at this link: FTC Credit Freeze FAQs
- You may also call Equifax on their hotline dedicated to answering questions about the breach and its effect on you personally. The toll free number is 866-447-7559
Although United Bank of Union was not compromised we do understand that this affects you as our customer. We will do everything we can to help you during this situation. We take the security of our customers very serious and we want to make sure you understand that we are here for you.
Please take a look at the "Keep Your Identity Safe" topic further down the webpage and check out MasterCard's FREE Identity Theft Program that you can be apart.
If you have any questions please call us at 636-583-2555
If you would like to call the other two major credit bureaus their information is below.
Trans Union - 1-800-916-8800
Experian - 1-877-284-7942
United Bank of Union is dedicated to doing the best job possible in regards to keeping you safe from fraudulent activity. Anytime we see an opportunity to strengthen our customers safety and make them more comfortable in an ever changing technology world, we get excited. That is why, as your Financial Institution, we have cemented our place in the ".Bank" domain world.
Click here for more information from the American Bankers Association as to why our website domain name has changed to www.ubu.bank.
Keep Your Identity Safe
Want to know more about identity theft and fraud prevention?
Cyber Security Information
Your guide to what the FDIC says about Cyber Security. Download Now (PDF)